Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Warning to parents

The Common Room: God is Not Your Vending Machine

Please, read this. It is a very long and excellent post that every parent of a teen or even younger child should read. It is very thought-provoking and well thought-out, and has links to other blogs posting about the Kara Borden/David Ludwig story.

I can't say it enough. KNOW what you children are doing, on the internet and elsewhere. Don't just assume because you are homeschooling that your child is safe. We MUST shelter our children's hearts, and teach them about the deceptive nature of sin. Don't assume your children are mature in their faith just because they "talk the talk" -- David and Kara did too...

And you can hold me accountable to do the same for my children.

And above all, this has really convicted me of the need to pray for my children fervently and constantly. They're His kids, and He loves them more than I. But I must be a faithful steward, and that means KNOWING and PRAYING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came upon your blog through Cindy's (Dominion Family)blog roll. I see you are in VA, thought I'd say hi!
MargaretinVA

Discipula said...

Hi Margaret!
Send me an email and tell me where you are in VA...wonder if we're neighbors?
Kathy