Saturday, November 15, 2008

It was good for me to be afflicted...

George Grant’s blog entry for today was very timely for me as I’ve had several weeks of forced inactivity due to swelling in my knee.  Here’s an excerpt:

Sin is pleasant--but unprofitable. Affliction is unpleasant--but profitable. By affliction, the Lord separates the sin that He hates--from the soul that He loves. He sends affliction--to take the dirt of the world out of the hearts of His children! "Before I was afflicted I went astray--but now I keep Your word!" Psalm 119:67

There have been many profitable lessons in these several weeks, and great blessings as family, church family, and friends have served us in so many ways.  Humbling, but tremendously heartening.

1 comment:

Colin said...

"Sin is pleasant--but unprofitable. 
Affliction is unpleasant--but profitable."

Hmmm...I had never thought of it in those terms. That's a profound comparison of the two! Thanks for sharing.

Colin C.